BreezeMAX Wi2 from Alvarion combines the advantages of the popular WiFi access with the powerful capabilities of BreezeMAX systems to provide cost-effective solutions for personal broadband services, bridging the gap to full future WiMAX 802.16e personal broadband mobility.
The Alvarion Wi2 system comprises a combination of a WiFi Access Point and a BreezeMAX unit that provides backhaul connectivity. The Wi2 can be deployed most anywhere to provide broadband mobility to standard IEEE 802.11 b/g end user devices. Used in conjunction with the BreezeMAX base stations, the Wi2 can be used to expand the existing capabilities of WiMAX and pre-WiMAX networks.
BreezeMAX network using the Wi2 can be used to provide personal broadband services to high-end business, residential users equipped with WiFi enabled devices such as laptops, PDAs, smart-phones, and portable gaming devices.
Operating in both licensed and non-licensed frequencies, the Wi2 system leverages the availability of WiFi technology - along with the BreezeMAX Broadband broadband wireless access system - to answer critical public and private sector needs such as traffic management, video surveillance, public Internet access, homeland security, and various nomadic applications.
The BreezeMAX Wi2 is an all-outdoor system that comprises 3 elements :
- A feature-rich WiFi Access Point (IEEE 802.11 b/g)
- A BreezeMAX SU-ODU (supplied separately)
- A power supply module that provides power to both the WiFi AP and the BreezeMAX SU-ODU.
The Wi2 system from Alvarion requires only a single connection to either AC or DC power and is an ideal solution for operators, municipalities and communities looking to build metropolitan broadband networks or to integrate WiFi hot zone capabilities into their existing broadband wireless access networks.
Key benefits and advantages for the Alvarion BreezeMAX WI2
- Converged network serving WiMAX/pre-WiMAX users and portable WiFi clients, yielding significant installation and operations savings.
- Rich set of secure differentiated service levels enabling intranet, public access, and homeland security applications over one network.
- Investment protection through easy migration to 802.16e mobile WiMAX.
- Low maintenance costs using comprehensive AlvariSTAR network management system with high service availability and optional OSS for user management.
- Future-ready modularity and flexibility to seamlessly integrate new technologies such as 802.16e and MIMO
- Supports WiMAX/pre-WiMAX operation in 2.X, 3.X and 5.X GHz
- Rich features set including end-to-end QoS, virtual AP, VLANs and VLAN mapping, and 802.11i and 802.1x security
- Comprehensive full solution, combining Alvarion’s BreezeMAX WiMAX Certified backhauling with a robust high power and feature rich WiFi 802.11 b/g access point
Main Features for the Alvarion BreezeMAX WI2
- Product Description : Alvarion BreezeMAX Wi2 wireless access point
- Device Type : Wireless access point
- Enclosure Type : External
- Dimensions (WxDxH) : 10.9 in x 8.3 in x 13 in
- Weight : 15.4 lbs
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP 1, SNMP 2, Telnet, SNMP 3, HTTP, HTTPS
- Features : VLAN support, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, MAC address filtering, SNTP support,
- MIMO technology, Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), SSH support
- Power : AC 120/230 V / DC -48 V