Posted on 27 May 2009 by Quantum Wimax
Proxim > Tsunami MP11 Series Product Brochure : Proxim Wireless is proud to introduce enhanced features to the field-proven Tsunami MP.11 point-to-multipoint product line. The MP.11 series has enabled municipalities and service providers to bridge the digital divide, increase productivity, cut network costs, and create new business opportunities – all through advanced broadband wireless networking.
Posted on 16 March 2009 by Quantum Wimax
Proxim introduces a family of WiMAX Forum Certified™, TDD products that deliver the highest performance, most affordable wireless solution in licensed 3.5 GHz bands. Like all Proxim products, the Tsunami MP.16 3500 continues to offer a comprehensive feature set to future-proof wireless networks :
Frequency support for 3.5 GHz band, Advanced revenue-enhancing features are standard - including flexible bandwidth provisioning for DSL, T1 or Ethernet-like tiered services as well as NAT and DHCP for IP-based storage and e-mail hosting, Housed in a ruggedized enclosure, the 3500 from Proxim Wireless can be deployed in extreme weather conditions.
Drawing on Proxim’s leadership in the point-to-multipoint arena, the tsunami MP16 350o products have been developed as platforms to leverage these applications. By building off of an established Tsunami MP.11 product line, Proxim can evolve its expertise in serving the Service Provider markets with a product that is WiMAX compliant.
- Leveraging existing software features, mechanical designs and customer channels poise Proxim Wireless to effectively address the WiMAX markets such as: cost-effective last mile access and security and surveillance in a very cost effective way
- Investment protection through common concept of network design and software feature sets, which includes rich management capabilities, most advanced encryption with AES and authentication via RADIUS, antenna alignment utility, and revenue-enhancing services with bandwidth control, NAT/ DHCP
- Ensures simple and easy installation
- Only base station on the market based on wimax Intel chipset
- End-to-end Intel based solution ensures maximum WiMAX compatibility
- Provides consistent deployment & user experience similarto that of Tsunami MP.11 product via an easy-to-use graphical interface
- Single UV-shielded CAT5 cable carries power and data
- Easily interface to existing RADIUS systems for subscriber provisioning
- Weatherized enclosure allows collocation on rooftops – limiting physical access
- Advanced encryption protects over-the-air transmission
- Password protection of all remote management methods
- Decrease Subscriber Unit configuration time with integrated and vertical/ horizontal polarized antennas
- Eliminate guess work in locating the remote antennas with audible tone and real-time signal strength measurements
- Support for both local and remote management, removing the need for expensive on-site supports
Proxim Wireless Achieves WiMAX Forum Certification for Tsunami® MP.16 3500 Product in March 2006. The Tsunami MP.16 3500 Base Station Unit has received the WiMAX Forum Certified™ mark for IEEE 802.16d-2004 compliance by the WiMAX Forum™. WiMAX Forum Certified products are developed according to WiMAX Forum-defined certification profiles, based on the IEEE 802.16d-2004 and ETSI HIPERMAN standards. In order to attain the WiMAX Forum Certification seal, hardware systems are required to pass stringent and extensive test procedures consisting of protocol conformance, radio conformance, and interoperability testing.
In addition, All units of the Tsunami MP-16-3500 are qualified over temperature and are designed to meet rigid environmental requirements.
“We are proud to report that the Proxim Tsunami MP-16-3500 Base Station has been certified as inter-operable by the WiMAX Forum with products based on wimax chipsets from Intel, Sequans, and Wavesat, [...] We believe no other Wimax Base Station has demonstrated this breadth of interoperability. Since we believe that the majority of products in the marketplace are or will be based on one of these chipsets, Proxim Wireless customers are assured of the highest level of interoperability.” said Amit Malhotra, Vice President of Marketing at Proxim Wireless.”